Tuesday, July 13, 2010

El segundo día de mi trabajo!

Who would have thought I'd be brushing up on my Spanish while in Hong Kong?? Love working for a Spanish Bank!

Today was day 2 of work, but first I had to get in an early morning workout. I woke up around 5:30AM and headed down the road to the running trails. I even brought along my camera this time so my run ended up being more of an interval workout, but it was wonderful nonetheless! Check out the amazing view along this trail! It's definitely a long ways from running along George Bush or Texas Ave!







After a shower and breakfast it was time to head to work. I have to be in the office by 9:30AM and spend all day there until nearly 7:30PM! It was another long day of collecting data and doing research. This afternoon the other interns and I had a conference call with Daniel or Dani as he is called, the Chief Economist of Financial Scenarios. He is currently based in Madrid and so it was great to finally get to meet him, even if it was over the phone!

Considering the long work day, it's important to have a lovely lunch break. I work at the International Finance Centre (IFC) which is connected to a large mall. The other interns (minus 1) and I typically grab lunch to-go from one of the many restaurant and dining choices in the mall and then bring it upstairs where there is a nice terrace. Today was beautiful as it wasn't too hot and there was a strong breeze blowing.






I am glad tomorrow is Wednesday! The week has barely started, but I'm already rather tired. However everyday I can't help but be appreciative of what an absolutely amazing opportunity this is. The other interns here have their Masters Degrees already and I haven't even finished my Bachelor's Degree yet! Everyone is very helpful though and I feel that I am holding my own so to speak. At least so far :)

On Wednesdays apparently the bank has an English teacher come that helps the staff and workers with job-related English if they need it during lunch. I am probably going to go tomorrow just to see what it's like! Even better, on Fridays apparently they have a Spanish class! I absolutely love the atmosphere of working at a Spanish bank here! One second you'll hear chatter in Chinese and the next someone is walking by saying, "Hola! Que tal?" So neat!

Well I better get off to bed! I still have a few more days of the work week left and then it's time for the weekend! Good thing I happened to have made a "Hong Kong To-Do/Go List" today

Love,
Stine

1 comment: