Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 2 in HK

Last night I took what was meant to be an hour nap...unfortunately it turned in to a 3.5 hour nap...I woke up around 7:30PM. Luckily I managed to force myself to sleep again around 11PM only to wake up ridiculously early the next morning at 4AM. I laid in bed, tried to read a magazine or two, and finally ended up on my laptop. At least 4AM HK time is 3PM TX time so I was able to get a good bit of skype time in :)

Around 6AM Uncle Eli and Auntie Marie woke up and they led me outside to an awesome running trail. I was running ahead of Uncle Eli and Auntie Marie and so when I came to a fork in the trail I wasn't sure which way to head. Apparently I chose the trail that lead up to Victoria Peak. So what I had originally planned to be a relatively incline/elevation free run ended up far from that. Nonetheless it was absolutely beautiful! Another day I'll bring my camera and take some pictures for y'all!

After that run, stairs and more climbing up sidewalks was tough. I was drenched in sweat when I walked back up to Uncle Eli's apartment. Speaking of, I can't seem to get a video to upload, but here's a quick picture tour of where I'm staying!







I took a quick shower then Uncle Eli, Auntie Marie and I headed to church. After the service, we talked a bit with the pastor who happens to be from Minnesota. I told him I was from Texas and it turned out he knew quite a few people from Sugar Land, Katy, and the Woodlands. After mentioning I was a student at Texas A&M, he brought up me being an Aggie and the 12th Man. Turns out he has a friend who works in the communications department at Texas A&M. WHOOP! Gotta love hearing that people know about Aggie traditions worldwide ;)

Soon enough it was time for lunch and we took a taxi to the Wan Chai District. We ate fish, rice, a variety of dumplings, and finally some sort of mango pudding/jello thing. Mmmmmm mmmmmm







Tomorrow is my first day of my internship so I need to start preparing myself for that! ahhhhh! wish me luck!

love, stine

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I read your day 1 post, too, but I think I forgot to comment.

    ReplyDelete