Monday, September 20, 2010

"Pristine, it's like an Aggie football game. They're going to yell at you if you don't stand up for KISS."

Lately, after yet another week of constant meetings/classes/studying, I'd choose to retreat to my room, lay sedentary and watch tv or sleep. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of last week. Even after I skipped working out on Friday morning to get some extra sleep. Although, I did wake up that morning to find that my slight cold I'd felt/ignored coming on had taken a turn for a worse.

Though after a quick stop to pick up some medicine and rough quiz in my mathematics of interest class, I was on the road back home to Sugar Land. Friday was my mom's birthday. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!) I can only hope that I am as fortunate enough to be as beautiful and young-looking as she is when I'm her age...This is doubtful though considering she's smart and puts on sunscreen every day and before every run...and I have a serious problem with tanning/fake tanning/spending excessive amounts of time in the sun without sunscreen...

Unfortunately I didn't get to see mom after she got off work on Friday because I had to head back to downtown Houston to meet up with Levi. Rush hour traffic was stressful even at 4:30pm but we finally made it to the Woodlands in time to grab some dinner before the KISS concert we were going to.



The first big concert I ever went to was Britney Spears with Gabby and my cousin, Joe back when I was in middle school. The last concert I went to in the Woodlands was Alan Jackson back in high school. Since then I've mostly watched country concerts, nelo, concerts at the Houston Rodeo, local music etc. Never to any thing even remotely close to KISS.



First of all, I obviously misinterpreted what proper attire would be. I thought, summer night, sitting in the grass at the pavillion...denim shorts, a casual summer top and sandals. woops. I forgot my face paint. my stilletos/platform boots. pleather. jeans so tight that an inevitable muffin top forms. a bare midriff top. and to have all my normal clothes ripped in the most revealing/disturbing/unncessary ways possible. I should have, at the very least, put on a temporary tatto of perhaps, angel wings across my shoulder blades, or a rose on my lower back...Well, I learned. I won't make this same mistake next time...



To be fair, not everyone at the concert was as ridiculous as that description...but it was pretty close. And as the crowds got more drunk...they got more entertaining.

I had a great time at the concert though. I hope when I'm as old as Gene Simmons I'm still performing...





Very similar hmm?


Levi and I left the concert a bit early (is it sad when a college kid wants to go to bed early and a 61 yr old man is rocking out on stage?).

I had an early eye doctor appointment on Saturday morning...

Saturday afternoon Gabby, Tim, my parents, and I went to the George Ranch to view the chapel and dancehall where Tim and Gabby are planning on having their wedding. They didn't have a big wedding when they actually got married, so it's exciting that they decided to have another ceremony/reception that will be a bit bigger than before.

Saturday night the whole fam + Levi went out to dinner for another birthday dinner for mom. Followed by a movie with Levi and another early night to bed.



Sunday, after a quick drive back to College Station I headed straight to a LeaderShape Steering Committee meeting then to the library. I squeezed in a quick run too before getting ready for a meet and greet with the new Junior Council members!

Mondays are always a busy day. Today- Run-Rec-Class-Study-Test-Meeting-Meeting-STUDY. blahhh! At least the weather has been a bit cooler today :) It's been a great day...to sit inside and study?

love, stine

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad we were able to see KISS in concert together before their backs went out and they realized that they should be in wheel-chairs rather than rocking out in platform boots on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah. I like your dancing photo the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, what can I say...I am definitely flattered by your comments about me..love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete