

my friends,
and get moved back in to my room in College Station.
I've successfully finished my first week of classes and I'm exhausted and really dreading the rest of the semester. My online technical writing class should be no problem, my two economics classes could be a bit of work, but definitely do-able, my mathematics of interest class doesn't seem too crazy (yet) but my advanced calculus class could be another story. I've been dreading this class since my freshman year here at A&M and I'm hoping that all the rumors about it being crazy difficult are false and that I can quit freaking out about it when it's not that bad (at least not yet). I've thoroughly psyched myself out about it already and that has turned in to a full blown life crisis at the fear that A. This class will dominate me B. I'm an upperclassman C. I don't really know what I'm going to do after graduation.
I feel like everyone else has at least some general idea of what they want to do after graduation and I guess I do too, but I can't honestly say that I have a plan or even a vague plan or career path ahead of me that genuinely excites me. Should I have changed majors say, 2 years ago? Hope not!
Luckily this past weekend more than made up for my stressful week. Friday after class I had lunch with Kendra, took a loooong nap, and watched two episodes of Season 6 of LOST with Sarah (this show has me more confused now than ever...). Finally Levi got in to town and we met up with some friends at Fox & Hound for dinner. After dinner everyone headed to Northgate, but since I've been feeling like quite the lazy old lady lately, Levi brought me by Ben and Jerry's for ice cream instead and we headed to campus for Midnight Yell.
We (along with a hundred other people) had gotten to Kyle Field over an hour before Midnight Yell to get good seats. Thinking Levi and I were just two people, and there extra early it shouldn't have been a problem. False. Now everyone who knows me knows that I fully support the Corps here at A&M, but when pretty much the entire first deck is being roped off by sassy Corps freshmen...I'm going to have a problem with this. I could understand if they were already sitting in the seats, or were just saving a few rows, but Levi and I knew for a fact that this particular outfit that was insisting we move from where we were standing, did NOT need 25 rows saved for their outfit. Levi had to throw down the Army Lieutenant card and I was about to literally throw down with some rude Cadet sitting with his little girlfriend ten rows behind me yelling for another Cadet to force us to move. I didn't exactly end up acting/speaking like a lady to them, but you know what, he didn't start off by treating me like one either...
When we finally found Levi's old outfit, we sat with them in the stands (after being yelled at yet again because we were crossing through some other outfit's ropes...) and ended up having a great time. After over a year of dating, I can't believe Levi has never brought me to a Midnight Yell before. What a jerk ;)
After Midnight Yell Levi and I headed home to get some sleep before Saturday's gameday festivities. We woke up around 10 and headed to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for enchiladas. Our plan was to prepare the enchiladas before the game and then stick it in the oven afterwards to cook for dinner and avoid the post-game restaurant rush :) After our enchiladas were set in the fridge, we went to campus and ate at the B-2 cookout by the Quad. Thank goodness the weather wasn't too awful on Saturday and we had a nice lunch with Levi's old buddies and I didn't die while I stood outside doing PR for the Maroon Out t-shirt sales for two hours before the game.
The enchiladas me and Levi made ended up being awesome. I'm so glad we cooked our own dinner instead of getting stuck waiting in traffic/lines/restaurants. We happily ate our enchiladas and yet again, opted out of a night out. Being out in the sun and standing/walking alllll day had worn me out and we both knew that even if we went out with our friends to Northgate, we'd be much too cranky later in the night to enjoy each other's company. Lucky for me Levi knows exactly the way to my heart...dessert. We made a quick trip to McDonalds for chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream cones before falling asleep.
I have been avoiding my math homework all day long and now I think I absolutely have to do it. Bleehhhhhhhhhh. Wish me luck for another week of classes!
Love,
Stine
that endhilada looks delicous! and oh..there's a whole wide world out there waiting for you to explore..so don't worry about what you would do after college..
ReplyDeletemom
That's what I should be telling her! Being prepared for the future and dreading it are two different things. Enjoy your time outside of the real world while you can and realize that for people like you things will always work out, not because you're lucky, but because you deserve it. And Mrs. Remolona...the enchiladas were Pristine's idea and they were nothing short of fantastic.
ReplyDelete-Levi
steenski,
ReplyDeleteyou're not alone in your post grad plans. I have no idea what i'm doing with my life - i've gone back and forth in my head the past week and it's freaking me out that we're only a couple semesters away from graduating. come over this week and eat cookies with me and we can sulk about having no idea what we're doing with the rest of our lives.
-Blaire
You're at that age where nearly everyone is having a crisis. We even learned about that stage in psychology, but that doesn't stop most people from having it. It's completely ok and normal. I think the reason it's confusing is because you have lots of options, which is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going well and you're having a great time as usual.
Good luck with your math class.
gabby is right...when you have a lot of options, it can get confusing.
ReplyDeleteand levi is right, too. you are well prepared and will find your way somehow..don't worry, just work hard as you always have.. and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy..plus, there always grad school.
mom