Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life is Sweet in Sugar Land, TX

Saturday I woke Levi up for what he thought was bright and early (it was 11:30??) so we could hit the rec before I headed back to Sugar Land for the weekend. Between my summer class M-F during June and spending nearly 4 weeks in Hong Kong after that, I won't have as much time to spend with my family this summer as I usually do so this weekend was busy busy busy!

But first, on a side note: registering for my summer class was total madness! After hours upon hours of trying to get accepted in to Blinn ( yeah...I know...) and then trying to get Boris to work so I could register, I finally got the physics class I wanted to take...and then missed the payment date and got dropped. BOO. Cue Pristine panic-time. Online it said the 11:40-3:40 class I wanted was full, but there was still space in the 4-8pm class. No no no. I don't want to take the 8pm class!

Saturday night the fam went out to eat.


And I stayed up Saturday night to catch the midnight Blinn registration opening. Boris proclaimed that there was only one spot left in the 11:40 class. That was my spot. I had that spot until I got dropped. I want that spot back. I stayed up until 1AM while Boris repeatedly gave me an error message as I tried to register. No no no. I decided to go to bed, but set an alarm for 2:30AM. I'd try again then perhaps? I also sent dearest Levi a message asking him to try to register for me when he got off work around 3AM. Still no success for either of us. I reset yet another alarm for 6AM...and yes, Boris/Blinn/life decided to be kind to me and I got the last spot (my spot) in the 11:40 class. I also woke my parents up at 6:15 so I could pay for the class on the spot. Since I had woken up at least three times the night/morning before I skipped the run through the park I had planned and slept in until it was time to get ready for my cousin Juddie's graduation.

Oh the high school graduation. I can't believe mine was only two years ago!


It feels like AGES have passed since then. So many things and people in my life have changed not to mention how much I have grown during this time. And in just a year and a half I'll be graduating from Texas A&M?? Weird weird weird.

The graduation ceremony was thankfully not too long and I was a hungry nugget. The entire family went out to eat to celebrate Juddie's graduation and her plans to attend Baylor (hissssss) in the fall, but oh geez, it's weird to think that I'm graduating from college soon, but it's even stranger to think that Juddie is going to college?! She's supposed to be twelve. always.






With Memorial Day being tomorrow I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about family, my future, and of course my brother.



It has been nearly 10 years since Gio passed away and it is a reminder to me how important it is to cherish every moment I get to spend with my family. Even if my family is absolutely mental.

And to love and learn from every single one of my amazing friends and my boyfriend.




Memorial Day also brings my vision from LeaderShape back to mind as Veterans and troops were at the heart of it. I will strive not to get caught up in summertime and to not lose track of the vision I began to create at LeaderShape last week! Must must must keep up my motivation for that and get started on it!

Tomorrow I'm heading to the park to go on a run with my mom then heading back to College Station! Can't wait to get my apartment cleaned and organized again before summer school at Blinn starts on Thursday. PS. keep in mind Levi and I are probs going to see Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen at Harry's Wednesday night before my first day. Worth it though I think.

Love,
Pristine

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good picture of you and Cady (the one at Kim Son). Man, the screen at Reliant looked terrible compared to that. I like how you named your computer, too.

    ReplyDelete