Tuesday, May 25, 2010

East Texas Adventures

So as I mentioned before, I spent last Monday-Saturday in East Texas at LeaderShape! It was a six day program which focused not only on issues we face as leaders, but it also tested our personal values, goals and passions. During the week we developed visions on a change we would like to see happen in our lives, on our campus, in our communities and maybe even around the world. I left feeling incredibly motivated to achieve my vision, confident in myself and confident in the support of my fellow LeaderShapers to help me along the way.

Y'all will be hearing me talk lots and lots more about my vision in the days, weeks, MONTHS to come as I start working towards it :)

It took me a day or two, but I broke down my personal wall and met some of the most amazing, inspiring, funny, and absolutely ridiculous people. I can't wait to see and help each of them strive towards their visions...oh and to have lots more hangout time in College Station (and Galveston!)

(*see facebook tags for pictures from the week!)

After I got back on Saturday I spent the afternoon with Levi and some friends relaxing poolside before dinner. I desperately needed a quick nap and woke up just in time to shower and get ready for some Northgate time!

Sunday Levi and I had a nice run and workout at the rec before packing up my things yet again to go to Levi's hometown of Lufkin back in East Texas.



Monday we were all over town trying to mail my training visa for my internship in Hong Kong this summer, shopping, and going to the ZOO



Apparently at the Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin peacocks run wild...this was a small challenge for me considering my fear of birds...luckily it ended up being rather intriguing and not too frightening...



....that last peacock was on the verge of feather slapping me



What was frightening was when Levi brought me in to the giant bird cage. There were some birds in cages within this giant cage and I was under the assumption that they would all be...WRONG. Levi pointed out a tree branch of free flying birds a mere 2 feet from my face and I ran out of the cage in fear and panic...That would be the low of the trip...Everything else was awesome! You can get super close to the animals at this zoo, a lot closer than you can to the animals at the Houston Zoo!

It was weird to think that the only thing separating me from three lions was 3 feet and a small wire fence...




We cleaned up and went out to dinner with Levi's family then just chilled back at his house in the backyard. All in all it was pretty relaxing being out a bit from the big city, without any cell phone reception, and of course, with someone I care about.



Now I'm back in College Station and the pace has definitely picked up quickly. I have tons of reading to do on markets and other economic shtuff for my internship and my room is a mess from all this packing/unpacking. This weekend my cousin, Juddie, is graduating from high school so I'll be headed to Sugar Land for a couple of days! Then next week summer school starts?! GROSS! Not to mention that camp food from LeaderShape last week didn't exactly leave my body in the best shape...gots to hit up the rec ASAP!

Oh and **SNAPS** for Levi because he has gone dip-free for a week now!! He's replaced that gross Copenhagen for toothpicks :)

Love, Pristine

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good. Just as long as he doesn't inhale one like that gypsy kid on House.

    ReplyDelete