On Tuesday Elizabeth, Cami and I took the bus to do some shopping in town. There's an area near Grafton Street, which is near the other school here- Trinity University. There's a bunch of shops and restaurants and it is close to a tourist-y bar area called Temple Bar.
So after some good shopping, that night we met up with the rest of our study abroad group and all went out on the town for dinner and drinks!
Wednesday after class Cami, Elizabeth, and I all had lunch and did some homework before taking quick naps and heading in to town to pick up a few things. The shopping center where we do our grocery shopping apparently has a Farmer's Market every Wednesday afternoon. We just missed it when we arrived yesterday, but we're planning on going next week. Yesterday we just bought a few more things to eat and wine. It's always interesting seeing grocery stores and liquor stores in other countries because things are so different. The specialty grocery store in the shopping center even had an "International Section" with JIF, Goldfish crackers, Fruit Loops and other foods from the States!
We hurried home though because the whole group was meeting up at 6:30pm to head over to Shelbourne Park to watch some greyhound racing. I've never watched dog racing or horse racing, but it was pretty neat! I didn't bet anything but a few of the guys did and it was fun being able to have a specific dog to cheer for!
A little bit short on time to blog today, but we have a lot planned for this weekend that I'll be sure to catch y'all up on!
Love, Pristine
dad & I look forward each to reading your blog.
ReplyDeletelove you.
mom